Your most reliable Deck Staining ServiceAsk About Our Power Sand!
The Most Comprehensive Deck Restoration Available
Sparta Soft Wash offers the most comprehensive deck restoration available to the market. We have been in business for over 14 years and have cleaned/stained thousands of decks!
What makes Sparta Soft Wash stand out from its competitors is its specific 6 step deck restoration process.
Our deck staining process start to finish look like this:
- Clean. The first and usually most important process of a quality deck restoration starts with the cleaning. We use specially formulated wood cleaning products that help dislodge and remove mold, mildew, stains, dirt and previous coatings. (When using a translucent stain all previous stains must be removed prior to staining. When using a solid color stain, you do not need to remove all of the previous coatings but want to remove as much as you can.)
- Power Wash. After the cleaning solution is applied the deck must be power washed. It is very important to use the proper amount of pressure while cleaning wood surface. We have adjustable pressure with our machines and only use up to 1500 PSI while cleaning wood. (Many times, in-experienced contractors and home owners will leave scares or lines in the wood by using too much pressure!)
- Neutralize. After the pressure washing is complete we apply a naturalizing agent to all the wood surface being cleaned. This will restore the PH of the wood and also brighten the wood back to its original color. This process also closes the pores of the wood and allow for a better sanding surface.
- Power Sand. (must be after deck is completely dry, usually 2-3 days later) Most contractors and home owners skip this step completely or do not give it the proper attention it deserves. We use a commercial grade floor sander for the floor boards and random orbital sanders for the hand rails and rail caps. This will help remove any stubborn stains that would not come off with the cleaning and also give you a smoother feeling surface
- Blow Off. After the deck has been completely sanded we will use a commercial leaf blower to blow of any dust that was created during the sand. This will insure a clean, dry & debris free surface.
- Stain. Once the deck is ready for stain we will apply 2 coats of high quality stain to all rails & floorboards. Most contractors only apply 1 coat and charge more if you ask for 2.
For translucent stains, we use a product called “Ready Seal”. This is an extremely high-quality stain that you cannot get at the local paint store or in the big box stores. For the solid color stains, we use quality products from Ben Moore or Sherwin Williams.
Why Should I use Ready Seal?
- Mildew Resistant
- Highly synthetic penetrating oils
- No streaking
- Durable finish
- No cracking or peeling
- Ultimate UV protection
- VOC compliant
To read more about Ready Seal check them out online at https://www.readyseal.com
We also carry the full line of colors at our shop so please call or email anytime if you would like to purchase some stain.
Sparta Soft Wash offers a complete & professional deck restoration/staining process that you will not find from most contractors. Please feel free to call or email if you have any questions or concerns. We also offer free estimates for any deck project.
A CREW THAT ALWAYS ARRIVES ON TIME
EXPERT TECHNICIANS WITH YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
TOP QUALITY EQUIPMENT INCLUDING A SOFT WATER MACHINE
TREMENDOUS ATTENTION TO DETAIL
We carry $2 million in liability insurance.
Unfortunately, accidents can happen. If you hire a company that does not have current and up to date liability insurance you may be putting yourself at risk. Protect your home and family. Only work with a fully insured pressure washing company.
Pressure Washing Resource Association
The PWRA helps the professional pressure washer build and sustain a healthy business while achieving the highest standards of workmanship. Sparta Soft Wash receives support from the PWRA.
MONDAY - SATURDAY 8am - 6pm
Request a quick estimate any time of day.